Time flies. It isn’t a cliché either, it’s true. I just received my December issue of Lucky magazine. It’s their 10th anniversary! I don’t where the heck 10 years went but I remember buying the first issue of Lucky and I am proud to say that I have been a loyal follower ever since. If you haven’t yet picked up this edition, you absolutely must. They have a great piece that reminisces over the past decade and they share lessons they have learned along the way.
I just have to share some of my favorite tips in their “…100 edicts that we, the editors, live by” (p. 136) – they are too good!
- Your hair will always be shinier if you rinse in cold water
- Any two shades of pink lipstick, mixed, are almost always flattering
- Don’t buy underwear that you have to hand wash, it will only wind up getting trashed
- Only apply powder with a brush
- Black opaque tights make everyone’s legs look good
- Never get on a plane without a cashmere blanket or huge scarf
- Color code your closet
- Shop for boots in August before they sell out
- Don’t shop for clothes when you’re tan, thin and on vacation
- Mixing navy and black or pink and red can be very chic
- Follow the “one in, one out” mantra when it comes to your closet
- You can put together two different prints as long as there is something in common with them
- A leather jacket looks great with a party dress
Make your weekend even better and grab a copy of Lucky!